Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday 9 October 2014

Week Six

Man Wishes There Wasn't So Much Blank Room on Anniversary Card

     In Vancouver, Canada, this past weekend, Daniel Cooper spoke to a reporter about how he hates the amount of empty space on a lot of the anniversary cards and birthday cards at the gift shops. Cooper tells the reporter for each occasion, he goes into the store, spends a half hour reading all the cards and he always ends up leaving with one with the least amount of words on it. He says "I always tell myself I'll just buy one with a pretty flower on it saying how much I love her but I hate them all, so I leave thinking I can write something magnificent on my own and I get home and instantly regret it. Should buying a card really be that hard?" The question that haunts us all. Some men just want their wives to be thrilled by the effort put into giving them a card and it stresses men out. What will she say if I write too much or not enough? What will she do if I don't write anything at all? Men live in fear of letting the women in their lives down. Poor Daniel now has to struggle to fill up all that empty space and make it perfect to put a smile on his lady's face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment