Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Friday 7 November 2014

Week Ten

Quotable



Quote #1. "So many people prefer to live in drama because it's comfortable. It's like someone staying in a bad marriage or relationship - it's actually easier to stay because they know what to expect every day, versus leaving and not knowing what to expect."-- Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen DeGeneres is a comedian, philanthropist, advocate and talk show host. She is one of the most confident women on TV and I love watching her show. She never fails to make me laugh and I admire everything she does for the world. During every one of her shows, she gives generously to others, she cares about what's going on around her and tries her best to contribute as much as she can. This quote has significance to me because I can relate to it. I have found myself sticking to comfort rather then exploring the new because it is easier and feels safer. After hearing this quote from Ellen, I realized that their is so much more in life that I haven't discovered and settling for something that doesn't feel right is never going to make me happy. 


Quote #2. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -- Marilyn Monroe 

Marilyn Monroe was a model, actress and singer who eventually became a major sex symbol in the late 50's and early 60's. Her death was very tragic and people still don't really know what happened. She died of drug over dose in 1962 and there was always the question of if she was murdered. I love this quote because in her movies, Marilyn always played the "dumb blonde" but this quote is so wise. Marilyn is a good real model for girls my age. She was always a bigger sized woman and she is still one of the most beautiful, and iconic ladies in the media today. Marilyn teaches us that everything happens for a reason and the things that happen in life, bad and good help shape us to the person we are ment to be.


Quote #3. "Those who don't try never look foolish" -- Wicked

This quote comes from one of my favorite musicals, Wicked by Stephan Schwartz. It's the story of the two witches from the Wizard of Oz and the experiences that lead to the story that we all know. This play is funny, exciting and sad all at the same time. The quote comes from the song "Dancing Through Life" which is sung by the character Fiyero, who ends up being the scarecrow. The song is about not caring about anything and just dancing through life. This quote can be applied when your nervous about trying something new or when your afraid of the unknown. You can always back down and not do it, in the fear of screwing up, or you can go for it and discover something wonderful. Sometimes you screw up, but that's how people learn. Its better to try then not try at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment