Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Friday 28 November 2014

Week Thirteen

End of semester reflections

This last week of classes is bitter sweet. Although I am excited for my first semester of mun to be completely over, I really enjoyed this class and am sad it must come to a end. On the positive side, I will be taking many things I have learned from this course with me. Since September I have learned many helpful things on writing a essay, such as improving my thesis statements and how to use MLA format. I have also learned all the small details that lie within a poem and how analyzing them helps to understand the deeper meaning of a poem. I enjoyed the poetry section and the short fiction section of this course but my favorite aspect was the blog posts. I have never kept a blog before and I have grown to love it. I think within a class, it is a great way for students to get to know each other a little more and get the opportunity to see what the interests of the people sitting beside you are. I liked how each different week the blog usually related to something we discussed during class, it was a exciting way to keep us interested in the course material. I really enjoyed sharing my thoughts and creativity with other people and reading everyone's blogs each week. It became my favorite part of Fridays. A suggestion I would make about the course is, it might be interesting for students to pick their favorite poem or short fiction story to write a essay on. That way each student can feel passionate about the poem they are writing about and it may make it easier to connect with. Overall, this class has taught me many great things about English and I am looking forward to English 1110. Thanks so much for reading everyone!

Emma Coady

No comments:

Post a Comment